Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Celebrating Dads

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there! To celebrate, here is a quotation from our own "ode to fathers" - the book COSMIC by Frank Cottrell Boyce:
“Florida rang up to make sure I was watching. "Remember the surprise?" she said.

I'd completely forgotten about it. But I saw it now. Spelled out across the lunar surface, two words – ‘Hello, Dad!’…
My Dad looked across at me. He looked puzzled. Like he knew it had something to do with me. I said, ‘Hello, Dad.’ And he looked even more confused. When he hears this story maybe he’ll think I got them to write it there for him. And maybe he’ll be right. Maybe it was for both of us, and other dads too. For all the dads on Earth. And for all the dads not on Earth. And for their dads, outward in space and backward in time, all the way to Dad of the Universe.

And looking out into space, it sends a greeting from Earth to the Universe. Hello, Dad.”

- Frank Cottrell Boyce, COSMIC

No comments:

Post a Comment